THEME FOR THE MONTH: His Divine Presence
TODAY’S TOPIC: Accessing His Presence
KEY TEXT: Gen. 39:1-23
KEY VERSE: Gen. 39:2a
“And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man”
Over the weeks, we have looked into the goodies attached to being with God. Those are the very little we can behold. However, there is much more. “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” — 1Cor. 2:9. The bounties that follow the presence are numerous to mention, and overwhelming to understand.
Today, however, we look at ways we can get this Presence. No result just comes; results are provoked. How do we provoke the release of Divine Presence?
1. OPEN YOUR DOOR
Many young people deliberately shut the door of their hearts to Christ. This is because they think being a Christian is boring. They are attracted to all the fun-promising things of life. However, Christianity does not stop fun; it only channels it rightly. Wouldn’t you enjoy getting first-hand secrets about your life and that of others from God Himself? How do you like to be guaranteed 100% protection? All you need to do is open up and let God. Christianity is NOT a call to suffering; it is a call to sonship. God really wants to care for you. However, He cannot. Why? Because family benefits are only enjoyed by family members. To enjoy the benefits we have seen, you must be a family member (Jn. 1:12). You should… You have to be saved. And if you want to, right now is the time (2Cor. 6:2).
Pray the prayer of salvation now before you continue studying. Ask God to forgive you of your sins. Ask Jesus to come into your life and take total control. Ask Him to be your personal Saviour and Lord.
Read also: Prov.14:12; Jn. 3:14-18; Jn. 3:36; Heb. 7:25
2. LOVE GOD
You would do almost for the sake of love. Unfortunately, however, young people have decided to love the wrong things. That is why you see them going the extra mile just to get the satisfaction they think they deserve. On the other hand, anyone who loves God will always want to follow Him, be with Him, and please Him. Your love for God will make you:
- a. Listen to Him and obey Him always. You would not want to disobey God, if you love Him. You would always want to hear His voice. You would listen to everything He says and do them. One way to listen to God is by reading His word (The Bible) daily.
– Jn. 14:23; Josh. 1:8; Ps. 1:2, 119:11
- b. Talk to Him always. If you love God, you will always want to talk to Him. You would share with Him your pains and success stories. You would seek advice, direction and support from Him whenever you are confused. You would pray.
– Jer. 33:3; Jer. 29:12; Lk. 11:9-10; Ps. 145:18
Everyone should come next Sunday with their I.E notebook.
1. Thank God for His word
2. Thank God sincerely for the privilege of His Presence
3. Confess any known and unknown sin to God now. Ask Him to forgive you and show you His mercy
4. Ask for grace to remain in God’s presence always.
5. Bless your week.
GOD BLESS YOU!!!