THEME FOR THE MONTH: His Divine Presence (2)
TODAY’S TOPIC: Finding His Presence
KEY TEXT: Jer. 29:12-13
KEY VERSE: Jer. 29:13
“And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
Now, we have been talking about presence for so long a time. However, what do we understand by the word ‘find’?
To find someone or something means to see them or learn where they are. It means knowing the location of that one or that thing. To find something, however, one must seek it first. You find nothing, if you look for nothing. Searching is what delivers finding. Today, we shall look at how we can get Divine Presence. Since we cannot get it without searching for it, we tend to look at the ways we can effectively search for it.
Welcome to: FINDING HIS PRESENCE
1. CALL UPON HIM (Jer. 29:12)
To call someone is to say out their name or attributes loudly to them, in order to attract their attention. Whenever you call someone, you want his or her attention. One way to get Divine Presence is to call or attract the attention of God. Read Lk. 18:35-42. Many people seek divine help, yet they have not asked for it. It will be funny to need directions or answers, and not ask questions. Read Jer. 33:3. Scriptures say everyone who asks, receives (Matt 7:8). Grow in you the habit of inquiring via the place of prayer. This will not only boost your prayer life, it will also grant you hidden secrets or answers. When you call out to God, however, make sure that you do so from a clean heart. Be sincere in your need for His presence
Read also: Isa. 65:24; Ps. 145:18; Rom. 10:12-13
2. SEARCH FOR HIM (Jer. 29:13)
Anything you really search for is something that you really need. God’s Presence does not appear to all. People set out their hearts to search it out. This too, one MUST do with a sincere heart (Deut. 4:29). Bountiful benefits await the seekers (Ps. 34:10; Prov. 28:25). There is a place where Divine Presence resides. Not all know that place. You need focus if you must arrive there. You must avoid distractions. If you have ever lost ₦200 or ₦500, you will notice that the search for it began immediately. During your search, you would have seen stones, pebbles, papers, pen, cloths, books, etc. However, the search eventually continued until you saw you money. Why was this so? The money was what you were looking for, not anything else. If you really need Divine Presence, you will search for it. Now, during this search, you could find some answers, blessings, miracles, disappointments and discouragements from men on the way. Nonetheless, that is not what you seek. You must press on, till you will IT! You can only press on, when your heart is sincere.
How do you search for Divine presence?
1. PRAY and PRAY and PRAY
2. STUDY GOD’S WORD DAILY
3. Trust in God’s Strength alone (Prov. 3:5)
4. Wait for the answer, even if it tarries a little
5. Strive to DO whatever His word tells you to do
6. Ask Him always and allow Him make the decisions (Prov. 3:6)
7. Avoid distractions that may come from men or little achievements
8. Keep your heart and mind clean from contamination; clear all grievances
Read also: Deut. 4:29-31; Isa. 31:1; Hos. 10:12; Ps. 1:1-3; Joel 2:12
While very few people would risk everything (even their lives) to get gold, others just love gold.
Supposing you lost something valuable at home, narrate all the steps you would take to recover it.
- Thank God for His word
- Seek the Mercy of God for today
- Ask God to grant you the rugged courage and discipline to seek and find His Presence.
- Pray for the leadership of COD
- Pray for Codites who are currently being examined academically. Pray also for those who begin their examinations next month.
- Commit the plans and preparations for the Prayer Conference next week before God. Ask for direction and covering.
- Bless your week.
GOD BLESS YOU!!!