THEME FOR THE MONTH: His Divine Presence
TODAY’S TOPIC: Benefits of His Presence
KEY TEXT: Gen. 39:1-23
KEY VERSE: Gen. 39:2a
“And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man”
Nothing on the earth comes without its reward. Whatever a man does, whatever his adventure, it is all because of the rewards (whether great or small, short-term or long-term) attached to it. Okay, lets reason:
*Why do you go to school?
*Why do you learn that trade?
*Why do you forgive?
*Why do you save?
Therefore, it is undeniably true that there is a benefit attached to whatsoever we willingly set out to do.
Today, we look at the benefits that come with having God around you. Take down notes from this; God is sure going to bless you.
1. PROSPERITY (vs. 2)
Many persons think that the fastest way to plenty is via saving much money. Some of us think that the quickest way to wealth in embedded in connections. Others would have loved to have a huge sum of money as capital, as they think it is the route to massive riches. Actually, the fastest way to abundance is inheritance.
When you are an heir to something, you do nothing to have it—no work, no connections, and no nothing! See how that relates to you in Ps. 106:5. Now check out verse 3 of our text (Gen. 39:3). Notice how the presence of God with Joseph caused him to prosper. Do you see what God does here? He makes you an heir to his riches, if He is with you. When you carry God’s presence, prosperity just comes on you—you do nothing else to earn it. Read 2Chrn. 26:5.
Read also: Ps. 1:1-3; Eph. 4:19; Matt. 6:33
2. FAVOUR (vs. 4)
Divine Favour is a function of Divine Presence.
Presence births favour! Have you ever met someone before, and you just love them, and shower them with gifts? Could it be that you do not know why you just love them? Have you ever encountered favour like this before, that someone would just like you and bless you with support and substance? Ask people who carry Divine Presence, they will tell you that it is not new to them. Check out Gen. 39:21. See that! Anywhere Joseph went, he was liked. Compare this benefit to that of Daniel in Dan. 1:8-9. Because Daniel went with his God everywhere (even in exile), his God gave him favour everywhere (even in exile).
Read also: 1Sam. 16:22; Lk. 1:28-30; Esther 5:2
* Let each Codite explain right now one basic thing they have learnt about Divine Presence. Codites away from meeting grounds can do this in the comments section of our blog.
1. Thank God for His word
2. Thank God sincerely for the privilege of His Presence
3. Confess any known and unknown sin to God now. Ask Him to forgive you and show you His mercy
4. Request for, and receive, the enablement to STAY with God at all times
5. Pray for God’s prosperity and favour to accompany His Presence in your life
6. Pray for COD extensions in Ugbokolo and Anambra State
7. Bless your week. Ask that Divine Favour lift and keep you.
GOD BLESS YOU!!!