THEME FOR THE MONTH: Living Prayerfully
TODAY’S TOPIC: Benefits of Prayer (3)
KEY TEXT: Ps. 55:16-17
KEY VERSE: Ps. 55:17
“Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice”
It is very important we understand that the tool that has been given to us—prayer—is something beyond description. One of the sweet things about prayer is this: whatever prayers cannot solve, nothing and no one can!
Today, we attempt to look into some more benefits of prayer. We try as much as possible to look at the basic benefits. For the advantages of this weapon cannot be exhausted in a list. Let us see some of them…
5. FORGIVENESS OF SINS
Human beings are NOT perfect. We make mistakes. No one can claim to be perfectly holy before God. And that is why we need prayer. The Christian that loves his Lord will not allow an hour pass by and he has not reconciled with Him, anytime he is guilty. Read 2Chrn. 7:14. There it records that deliverance and forgiveness of sins will come after God’s people has prayed and sought His face.
Read also: Prov. 28:13; Isa. 55:6-7
6. A WAY TO HELP OTHERS
Jesus admonished us to let our light shine. The call to Christianity is a call to bring glory to God through our daily living. One of the ways we can do this is by praying for others. In fact, one of the greatest gifts you can give to one is the gift of intercession.
Many people suffer on a daily basis. One of the ways we can help them is to pray for them. Read James 5:14-16. See that? Prayer works for others as well. You may not be able to pay the hospital bills; but you can tell God about the case. You can help, if only you can pray.
Read also: Acts 3:6-7; Acts 12:5; 2Cor. 1:11
Acts 12:5-11; Matt. 18:19; Heb. 13:3; 1Thess. 5:17
* According to their understanding, each Codite shall put on COD Facebook page a short explanation of a benefit of prayer.
1. Thank God for His word
2. Thank God sincerely for the privilege of prayer
3. Confess any known and unknown sin to God now. Ask Him to forgive you and show you His mercy
4. Ask for the Grace to help others not just with words or gifts; but with prayer as well.
5. Ask that the grace to live this life of prayer be given you.
6. Pray for COD. On Wednesday, last week was her third anniversary. Ask for increase in all ramifications. Let GOD Himself raise COD and Codites globally.
7. Bless your week. Ask that Grace lift and keep you.
GOD BLESS YOU