THEME FOR THE MONTH: Living Prayerfully
TODAY’S TOPIC: Benefits of Prayer
KEY TEXT: Ps. 55:16-17
KEY VERSE: Ps. 55:17
“Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice”
Prayer is more than a mental therapy. Prayer is more than an act. It is more than a request.
All these we have been able to grasp about prayer. However, no one embarks on a journey unless it is going to pay off one way or the other. Now, the question: what can prayer do for you? We have seen what prayer is and what it involves. Now let us see the goodies it comes with.
What can prayer do for you?
1. PEACE OF MIND
Sometimes, problems and challenges appear in our lives. What do you do then? It is also at these times that the Bible advices you to “pray without ceasing” (1Thess. 5:17) and make your requests known before God (Phil. 4:6). Then, we can enjoy the peace of God that guards our hearts and minds (Phil. 4:7). Read Ps. 55:22. God wants to support, but first, we have to tell Him to.
Read also: Ps. 27:14; 1Peter 5:7; Isa. 26:3; Jn. 14:27
2. COMFORT & STRENGTH WHEN FACING TRIALS
Read 2Cor. 1:3-4.
See that? He is called the God of all comfort. When facing stress or unbearable conditions and circumstances, you can pray to Him “Who comforteth us in all our tribulation”. In Luke 22:41, 43, we are tells us that Jesus Himself received strength after praying, when he was greatly distressed. Neh. 6:9, 15-16 also gives the example of another man who prayed to God saying, “Strengthen my hands”. And his God heard him.
Read also: Ps. 56:3; 1Sam. 30:6; Ps. 138:3; Isa. 41:10
* Each shall give the house another benefit of prayer next week.
1. Thank God for His word
2. Thank God for the privilege of prayer
3. Confess any known and unknown sin to God now. Ask Him to forgive you and show you His mercy
4. Ask that the peace of God that surpasses all understanding reign in your life and family
5. Ask for the comfort that only God can give
6. Pray for Codites who are schooling. Also, ask request for admission on behalf of those who seek it
7. Bless your week. Speak the Blood of Jesus to be at work in your life and family this week
GOD BLESS YOU!