THEME FOR THE MONTH: The Secret Place
TODAY’S TOPIC: Features of The Secret Place (Part 2)
KEY TEXT: Ps. 91:1-16
KEY VERSE: Ps. 91:1
“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty”
Last week, we started out by looking at the features of the Secret Place. By the Sure Mercies of God, we attempt to explore further features of this place. It is therefore a necessity to carefully note down and apply these spiritual nuggets, even as we trust God’s support to make them work in us.
4. SALVATION IS FREE, BUT A SLOT IN THE SECRET PLACE IS NOT!
People WORK their way into the Secret Place. You must deliberately—and consciously—enter this Place. You do not wish it. You desire it, and then, go for it! Wishes are lame without action. You must give away so many things, among which are: some habits, some pleasures, some friends, some gains, and some comforts. There are some things that you must let go of, in order to enter this Place. This Place is one of very high altitude. Therefore, to be able to go there, you must drop some things behind.
If you want to fly high, you must fly light!
(Matt. 6:33; Matt. 13:44-46; Matt. 5:6; Matt. 10:37-38; Phil. 3:7-8)
5. PEOPLE IN THE SECRET PLACE ARE GOD’S PRIORITY!
Every Christian is a child of God no doubt. Everyone that calls on the Name of Jesus shall be saved. Nevertheless, have you noticed that some people get their answers faster than others do? The Bible records people like such. God answered Daniel the very first day he prayed (Dan. 10:12). David never lacked answers—even when sometimes God’s answer to him was not what he wanted. God always answered him. Jesus Himself confessed—before the tomb of Lazarus—that God always answered Him (John 11:41-42). For the sake of Paul, God spared a ship that was going to capsize (Acts 27:22-25). People here are closer to God. They are in His radar of divine protection.
(Ps. 91:16; Zech. 2:8; Ps. 92:13-14; Isaiah 54:15; Prov. 21:18; Isaiah 43:1-7)
1. According to Psalms 91, each Codite will audibly give one benefit that the Secret Place confers on its dwellers.
1. Thank God for giving us His word.
2. Earnestly pray that God separates from us (Codites) any distraction (in form of human or thing) that will hinder our relationship with Him.
3. Pray for all Codites who are away from Masaka. Ask for God’s protection and guidance upon them.
4. Pray for our Students. Ask for an increase in the measure of excellence.
5. Pray against any evil report in the lives or families of any Codite.
6. Pray for God’s covering and guidance over our spiritual father (Pst. Joel Nwachukwu).